Its yours to gallop or sip

Monday 24 August 2015

The Big Hand of God.

I SAW THAT BIG RESCUE HAND OF GOD.

(A True testimony by Oppong Clifford Benjamin​ )

So God gave me a second chance to live. Often, I have read or heard people testifying about that big hand of God and I had doubted them. Sometimes I feel it was only a hyperbolic myth. But for some peculiar reasons, God revealed that particular hand to me yesterday at the beach.

We had finished playing the board game Monopoly and have decided to go swimming. My brother Jet Alan​ said that the weather was too humid, so he wasn't going in the sea with me lest his Sasabro (rheumatoid arthritis) would come. So I left him on the golf park that lied about a hundred metres from the shores. He was cutting too many pictures like it was his first time in the city. But this is a boy who had lived in that same city for twelve years and had visited the beach countless number of times. Okay, it beats my understanding too.

They were many persons swimming at a particular region, usually I would join the crowd and go hunting for fine ladies to swim with, but yesterday I defied the norm and decided to join a young man who was swimming at a distance away from the crowd.
I walked past a group of guys playing soccer and I paused to seek inclusion, but they gently turned my admission down. Owing to the fact that they were already full. (You will understand it if you are Ghanaian).
I stepped in the sea romantically. It was cold. I was shivering yet I went farther and more close to where the tidal waves rose to full length and curved. And I would either make circumvent gestures to dodge the waves or allow it to carry me to the shores. If I chose the later, I would sit at the shores for a short while and then retire into the deep again, anticipating another huge wave to push me to the shores.

So that was swimming as far as I was concerned. The process was getting more and more interesting. I was enjoying the cold grips of the sea and the erotic motions the waves did to my inner self. Then all of a sudden, I realized that I was going farther backwards into the deeps. I tried swimming my way forward towards the shores but my efforts could not carry me an inch forward try as much as I did. I kept going back with the recession of the tide. No tides were travelling my direction again. It appeared the sea had gone to sleep with its tides, or she wanted to have me for keeps. I was terrified. I struggled to jump so high that the young man whom I had joined would see me and come to my rescue, but I realized no matter how high I jumped I was not getting anywhere near the surface.

Finally I knew this was the moment. The end had caught up with me at last and there was little I could do to help myself. So I checked with my heart to ascertain how much breath I had left in me. Then I had some little hope and faith that I will live but only for a minute or two. I had one minute to ask for forgiveness of all my many sins and also to submit my soul gently to my creator. The sea had taken me into the deeps already and my feet was not going to walk on land again. I faced death right in the face. Death, it looked very beautiful. It comes to men scary, but to the man who had prepared his mind and soul for death, it comes softly. I had learned.

Just when I closed my eyes and was about saying my last prayer and perhaps give it all up, came a big tide which carried me forward rudely. The tide was really huge and it slapped me so hard. I couldn't move along. It was harsh. It conveyed me to a certain point where I could swim my way to the shores.
The young man who all the while, was observing the proceedings helplessly, quickly ran towards me. I could see the terror in his eyes yet the helplessness in his soul. " Bra I was watching ooo, the sea took you away, heerrhhh Bra thank God ok" he said while panting in fear. He continued that " I nearly screamed for help but I didn't know what to do". But why didn't you?, I asked him and he admitted that he was confused as to what to do.

I was humbled. I sat on the sands of the shore and allowed the receding tides to wash my fears away. I had seen death right in the face, and I wasn't terrified but mortified. In fact I was meek as I contemplated on life and death. The darkest hour of every man could come at the time when he thinks he is full of light indeed. Then mysteriously, thoughts of an inscription engraved on a billboard which we drove past on our way to the beach came in mind, and it read "The Big Hand of God". I kept nodding my head in affirmation to the writings.

Today I testify that I was rescued by the Big hand of God, because analytically, from where I was in the sea, the waves gets  steeper only in recession and very low or no inclination at all. And it was impossible for the tides to carry an object which was low below the water. It was indeed a miracle. And I leave it to the marine engineers to do their calculations.  For me, am a changed person and I believe God really exist and has a purpose for me on earth.

THANK YOU OLUWA.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiriting and touching write, Clifford. So soon things can change. Thanks God for second chances.

    ReplyDelete

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results