Its yours to gallop or sip

Friday 13 January 2017

13 Nights of Sex before WE GO TO HELL

 
 
Day 1.
 
Do you believe in life after sex?
When we can't watch each others' face
and stare sheepishly at our phones' screens.
Do you believe I was the perfume in the air?
that which choked you. I laughed as you died.
Do you mind if I shrink to the shape of a ship
and sail you from this fire to hell?
 
Close your eyes and kiss my soul
Pull me out of my body, out of muscles
and never think the sky is grey or blue
nor ever the wind carefree. We all prisoners in this room.
If you did see a singer and a song in us
then it was because you were once an orchestra
until I changed the whites for the blacks on the piano
I don't love you, you don't love me. Didn't we see it?
 
Let me just push the world a little farther
to make room for you to improve on your ego
Or stab me in the back and taste me waste away-
it is called soccer: you pass to who you know.
Because no one celebrates narrow misses
So by all means score.
 
Oppong Clifford Benjamin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results