Its yours to gallop or sip

Friday 13 January 2017

BEFORE SMOKE AND WORDS.


The day is a wild animal
in this chaos world,
and I don't want to die aloud
at least, not again.

So while the vapour from my white ceramic cup rises
to the innocent wind passing across
the length of my soul and beneath my troubled mind
I flip the pages of an old ritual book
With the hope of understanding happiness.

And of course, I would finally become a vapour too.
But I won't be living in a small cup.
I will from earth to the heavens.
I will stop briefly to mingle with the clouds.
And have the pleasure of telling
them about how humans made smoke
and continue my journey to the celestial,
Sit at the right hand side of Him who created this day.
From thence, I will learn to be a smoke and a word,
a flower and its butterfly
a shadow without owner
I will gently learn to be nothing.

By Oppong Clifford Benjamin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results