Its yours to gallop or sip

Monday 13 January 2014

YOU COULD PREVENT AN ALTERCATION

YOU COULD PREVENT AN ALTERCATION
(Cliff Human Relations Lesson 23)

The list is countless in truth, I have quarreled my roommate on innumerable cases. It ranged from his forgetfulness to leave the keys at the porters lodge to littering the room. Sometimes our quarrels result in two weeks or worse variances, we would not talk with each other and the room would turn into a cemetery or best to say we turn to temporal dumb and deaf.

Until one day I grew up and accepted the blames. I said Cliff you should know how to point out someone's mistakes.

During one of our silent days, I entered into our dirty and offensively malodorous room. My heart started swelling out of anger, I threw myself into my bed and warned my lips to stay zipped lest I cut my tongue off, and I calmed down till I could find wisdom drizzling on my tongue.

I could hear the door opened so I lifted my head to see who was entering, lo and behold it was him (my roomy). I could read from his eyes that he was ashamed to have again committed the same mistake I had spoken against several times.

Ben, I called out his name and he failed to respond, he knew what was next ( another hot quarrel, which we both never enjoyed). He answered upon a third call and I said, I am sorry I kept a stinking pair of shoes beneath my bed, I guess that has caused this ill-scent in the room. I was tired last night after school. " Oh Cliff, you think is the shoe, well I guess its the dirty bowls I have not washed since last week, I will do so right away". This time I was surprised to realize we both could be humans enough.

Ben washed the bowls and swept the room, I mopped up and we both worked happily and has since remained very cooperative roommates ever.
Never go hitting someone's mistake hard on his face, hoping to make a change. I tell you he will fight back.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results