Its yours to gallop or sip

Wednesday 20 November 2013

MAMA,CAN YOU STILL BE PROUD OF ME?

If it all turned out that I have lied.

   1. You have really done well
       You have kept your virginity
       Now we can give you out in good name

       Papa Ojoula
       Come, come and listen to good news
       Let the prekese boast of its own aroma
       Ojoula tell him, that which you just worded

       Papa, I tasted the banana in primary six
       It was Sumpa, my brother
       He convinced me, I liked it
       We did it again and again

       Mum, wipe those tears
       Yes this is the good news
       You had no heart for it
       Papa has, though he will slap
       I still know he has.


2.   You took me to church on Sundays
     Placed me in the Bible quiz team
     Made sure I grew in the church

     I told you Mum, thanks for the church
     I shall never depart from this gift

    Now you have heard and seen me
    In black suit, white shirt and tie
    Seated with the men around that table
    With the big book, you crave to know

    Whether it was a Bible
    No Mum, am sorry, it is the codex gigas

    Jesus couldn’t save me when the church ended.

3.  You never listened to me
     You never wanted to know me
     You were into their world
     So you also said some
    “Go to school, get good grades, job and you rich”

    What can I do to please Mum?
    That question bought you a new son
    Far different from the one you had raised
    Those white papers with A’s and few B’s
    Those that made you smile and called me proud son
    They were just typed results from the cafĂ© behind

4.  Look, that was Sister Gloria’s daughter
     The one who just aborted a baby
     She will soon be suspended in the church
     Am glad you pointed only a finger at her
     And the remaining four pointed straight at me
     I was responsible for her pregnancy
    She kept quiet because I had to make you proud

    Mama, am sorry all these Years
    I have been making you proud

    Now can you be proud of me too?

Written By: Oppong Clifford Benjamin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results