Its yours to gallop or sip

Monday 14 October 2013

The Fruit of My Poetic Sword

For the past few weeks I have been coaching some friends who had the passion in poetry to pen their first lines and Eric Adotey Babington is one of them. Read his first poem below.

A PIECE OF LIFE

Born and named a Victor
The baby me, knows no victory
Society bathes me with guilt
innocence took of me a vacation
Am now one of them, hungry for a vocation
Sits my mind on a hill
imagining to be me, a Victor
Stealing away my shame, in search of a mentor
Come me a hindrance
making blur the entrance
to my cave of success

                                        Then, remembers objects of worship
                                    Onyankopon,Allah,Okomfo Subri
                          To whom do I turn to?
                                           Again Society decides, be a Christian
             In church or shrine
                                     All I come buying is me, a Victor
                             To be an advocate of success
                                 So I can to my dream job profess
                                   and shrink my worries and all my stress

                                   So In my tomorrow,I cld sit with a heart relaxed
                                   Then I can make a story out of time elapsed
                     This is a success in me.

                     Written By: Adottey Babington Eric

 (Am proud of you, you hv grabbed the poetic sword quick and now you fighting, keep penning son)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Cup of Future

Translate

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wikipedia

Search results